Monday 13 January 2014

Digital Technology + Creativity


How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

One of the very first technologies I used within my media a-level consisted of the internet. Before creating and producing and of my research and planning tasks I was told to create a blog on blogger.com. This was a useful task as it allowed me to keep all my notes, planning and ideas on one resource that was easily accessible. Similarly I found this was helpful due to not having to rely on folders and loosing bits of papers, therefore it helped when keeping all my work organised. Although this was a new experience as I had never used the programme before it took me a while to understand all the different features and elements, however once I had played around with it I gained a clear understanding very quickly. Similarly the program has had many benefits when underlining and emphasising my multimedia skills due to uploading my tasks in a variety of ways, for example Prezi, Powerpoint, Slidshare, Issuu etc.
 

Showcasing my work in a variety of ways was vital as it allowed both my teacher and my examiner I had further knowledge of different programmes instead of consistently using word displaying essay formats. One of the main internet resources I used when uploading my work in a variety of ways included the use of Prezi. This was an effective form of displaying my work due to engaging the intended target audience in an entertaining way due to the abstract presentation.
 

When I first began my A-Level in media I was lucky due to having previous experience. As I took media studies for GCSE I gained a basic knowledge and understanding on all of the relevant software and tools. Therefore this was beneficial when coming to start my A-Level course as I was one step ahead of many others in my class. One of the first tasks we were made to complete included making a front cover for a school magazine. Therefore the relevant software that was needed to do this consisted of InDesign. This Primarily task was reasonably simple due to the teachers only needing to see the basic such as including a masthead, barcode, sell lines, main bleed etc. Although I was aware of how to use many features of the software there was always extra support from my teachers, video tutorials etc. Although I had the basic knowledge I did not put 100% into this task and made a very standard piece of work, however this was appropriate when referring to the improvement I had made from AS to A2.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment